About this Guide
How may this guide help you
At Quilgo, we aim to make your user experience as smooth as possible, however, it is always great to have a reference where you can find some help on a particular step or feature. This guide explains how to install and use Quilgo, step by step.
We also have another section called FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) you might also want to check out should you have any difficulties or uncertanties.
Before you start
As Quilgo works on top of Google Forms, you would need to have a Google Account and to be familiar with Google Forms. That's all you need to get started with Quilgo.
First of all you need to install Quilgo Add-on for Google Forms:
- Go to Quilgo Quilgo Add-on and click the Install button. You may be asked to authenticate with your Google account.
You may also see "Admin install" and "Individual install" buttons instead. In this case, choose the option that suits you best.
Please make sure you are not logged in with multiple Google Accounts, otherwise, Quilgo may not be able to work properly due to Google permissions issue.
- You will be asked to provide permissions to Quilgo. Click Continue, then choose your Google Account, then click Allow.
- At the end of the installation click Next, then Done.
Next, you need to enable Quilgo in your Google Form:
- Go to your Google Forms and open a form you would like to use with Quilgo. You can create a new form if you'd like.
- Once inside the form, click the puzzle icon in the top menu, choose Quilgo and click Configure.
If you don't see the Configure option, close the popup and open it again.
- Click Enable Quilgo, wait for the automatic setup to complete, then click Go to Quilgo.
Once Quilgo is enabled you may notice a new field in your form called Submission ID. Please leave this field as-is as it is required for Quilgo to work properly.
Create your first tests
How do Quilgo tests work
Every test in Quilgo is individual per a respondent. This means, a single Quilgo test can only be taken once. Each test can be created with its own settings such as start time, duration etc. You can also choose optional features for your online tests such as recording screen or camera snapshots.
Creating tests is simple, here is how it is done:
- Go to your Quilgo Dashboard.
- Click + Create tests button.
- Choose the time for your tests. If you choose "Any time", the tests will be available immediately.
- Choose the duration, for example, 20 minutes.
- Provide names or emails for your tests. You can paste a comma separated list or type manually by hitting Enter key to separate. For example, enter your email address and hit Enter.
If you choose to provide names or other identifiers of your respondents other than their email addresses, you would only be able to copy and send individual test links directly to them. If you choose to provide email addresses, you would be able to send a single form link to the whole group or send links to the tests in bulk via Quilgo.
- Choose any of the additional features as you wish.
- Click Create tests button on the bottom of the window.
You can send pre-created tests via several methods:
- Copy and send individual link. Click the Copy direct link button next to the test, then send a link to the respondent, or open the link in another tab to see yourself how Quilgo works.
This method does not require tests to contain email addresses.
- Copy and send group link. Click the Send tests button, copy the link from the box and send the link to all respondents, or open the link in another tab to see yourself how Quilgo works.
This method requires tests to contain email addresses so respondents can use them for authentication into their tests.
- Send individual links in bulk. Click the Send tests button. Click "Send tests directly via email". Choose tests to send and click "Next". Provide custom subject and message (optional) and click "Next". Review and click "Send tests".
This method requires tests to contain email addresses.
Taking online tests
Starting a test
Before respondents can start filling the test, they would see a welcoming screen with simple insturctions and information. Depending on the additional features you chose there will be a simple process of starting the test and some instructions. For example:If you chose to take camera or screen snapshots respondents will be notified and will need to provide access to their camera/screen.If you chose "Auto-close form when time over" feature respondents will be notified to submit their tests in time or their time will not be recorded.
Taking a test
Once the form opens, it will contain a timer on the top of the screen. Respondents can fill the form as they would do in Google Forms. The Submission ID field will be automatically pre-filled and should not be edited, otherwise the time will not be recorded.
See Quilgo stats
Once a test is submitted, you will see a Click to load updates in your Quilgo Dashboard. Click this button to update the stats.
You do not need to click this button if you have just opened your dashboard, the information on the screen will already be up-to-date.
You can also download a spreadsheet report for further analytics: click "Reports" at your Quilgo Dashboard, then "Download Excel Report".